Friday, February 19, 2010

Bottomless- Chapter 4

Distant images of chaos, terrifying in it's familiarity, Yet I stand here, frozen, Not in fear, But bound by helplessness just the same. A witness to what? Don't want to look, yet I can't stop. Again that feeling overwhelms me. Someone is beside me, but I can't turn my head to see who. My attention is drawn once more to the clash of metal in the distance. Why can't I see it clearly? Who are those people? Why is this so important? Everthing is so far away. Finally I break free! I can move! I have to get there! Then the blinding flash of light, and the pain.
 
Sudden impact, no warning. Brutal awakening of face meeting floor. Reality floods my consciousness once again.
"C'mon Tyson. Get a grip." Disgusted, I pick myself up, dust myself off. Third time this week. It's getting old. I snatch up the alarm clock, look at it, snarl ,and throw it across the room. Always the same time. Three in the morning. Catching a glance at my hand, I noticed the slight tremor that still remains with me. Always with me. I sighed and wiped the sweat from my face. Happens everytime. That's the only time it bothers me. Before I knew it, I had pulled out the trunk, and opened it. I unwrapped the sword, and began tracing the coin with my finger. Just mindlessly running my finger around it repeatedly. I don't know why I do it, I just do. After awhile, the tremors cease. It's been well over a month, since that night. Still it remains, always the dream, never quite remembering, then awakening at three.

The chill of the room seeps in, and I look at where my clock should be. Grinning ruefully, I note that the score is now Temper 1, Patience 0 for the day. Lecturing myself would be pointless, so I carefully re-wrap the sword and place it in the trunk. Pushing it back under the bed, I rise and head for the shower. I'm awake now, might as well get a head start on the day. By the time I finish my three S'es, shower, shave, and what not, drink a quick fix of brew, I find it is already light out. Briefly, I have to wonder exactly how long I knelt there petting that coin. That disturbed me greatly. Was I becoming obsessed with it? With that thought, I left my sanctuary. With a mental note to self, buy two clocks.

Arriving at campus I was early still, shot over to the Student Union store. Sometimes they have things like that here. Ducked in, took a look around. No such luck. Did catch the break of a lifetime! Maybe today would be a good day, after all. Found my old friend, you know, the one who has the 'out of this world' way with words. Oh, I intend to get to know her a lot better! Grabbed the first thing in reach, glanced at the mirror, then slicked up to the counter. Plastering the most innocent look on my face I could manage, I plunked my purchase down, then feigned surprise when I looked at her.

"Well, hello again, uh...'my eyes slid across her blouse, seeking her name tag, 'Leilani! What a surprise!" I smiled my most sincere smile at her. But my smile dimmed when I noticed her puzzled gaze. "Don't you remember me? Well, not my name, of course. Let me rectify that. Name's Tyson. Tyson Devereau.' Still, no more than a slight smile, impersonal, business-like. 'Still don't remember? I literally ran into you outside the Campus Library. Twice." At that, she nodded. Then she said, "Yes, I remember. You sure are a strange one. Will this be all?' By the time I struggled through this, the transaction was finished. She handed me my change, then said, "Your receipts in the bag, in case your girlfriend needs to exchange these. You have a great day." I smiled and walked out. Her name is Leilani and she remembers me!

Wait!
Girlfriend?
Exchange what?!?

I looked in the bag.
I could feel the heat rush into my face. How it burned! Few things in life embarrass me, but I can't believe I just walked in, and chatted up the girl of my dreams while buying a box of Tampons! Great! That was the last of my money until payday, three days from now. Stomping away, I pitched the bag into the nearest trashcan. No way in hell I was going to go back in there for a refund. Not from her. Girlfriend?! Never had time for one. A few dates, awkward times, a nuisance more than anything. Glanced at the campus clock, had just enough time to get to class.

Sat there during that three hour lecture, couldn't get my mind off her, or that stupid box. Just wanted to be back home with that coin. With Leilani. With, or without the Tampons. Going to burn a long time over that one. Managed to get what notes written I needed. So gladly I left my Psych class. I'll do some extra reading on it later. But for now, I had to get to my Physics class. So not my favorite course. But necessary for me to graduate. Something about the way everything in the universe has a Mathematical correspondant. How everything can be quantified, traversed,or communicated with, through Mathematics. Don't know why, it's not like I'm the Champion of Time or anything.
Ha!

I entered the hallowed hall of Mathematical learning, took my seat. Found I was early here, too. For once. Not normally my style to pay attention to things, but since that day went down, I have been trying to change that. Not meaning I'm going to stuff my face into flowers and hug trees. But just look around once in awhile. Notice people, what they're doing. Found that helps me with my Psychology stuff. Gave the nod to the Professor. He nodded back with a half grin. Strange, for a second there, he looked familiar. Rubbed my eyes. Looked again. He was talking to someone else. Gonna chalk that one up to exhaution. Looked around the rest of the auditorium, rubbed my eyes again. There sat Leilani. How did I miss that? Too late to relocate myself next to her. Might be best after the Tampon experience. There's always a next time. When I stop burning, that is. Besides didn't want her to think I was stalking her. Class ended at Three p.m. Okay, what is with the threes?

Heading towards work, I pass quite a few interesting people along the way. No more staring at the ground for me. One of the places I pass is a park. Smack in the middle, is a man giving horse rides. Wait a minute, a horse? Why does it look so familiar? Why is it staring at me? Slowly it hits me, I never once wondered what happened to the horse when I left that village.
Did it just snicker at me?
How rude!

With a storm brewing inside, I strode towards my destination, mind revolving with thoughts that weren't pleasant. Was it possible I had been so set on obtaining my goals, that it never occurred to me I was Self Absorbed? Taking that one step farther, did that make me Egocentrical? Add to that the thought of becoming obssessed with the coin, I begin to realize that I am completely a Fool. The Id, the Ego,and the Superego, are all supposed to act together to form our humanity. Without them we are nothing. The three of them together, form the whole. Wait a minute, the three. Is this why I am slamming into threes everywhere? Putting this away for later chewing, I ran to work. But this time, I wouldn't be pretending to be some knight in slightly tarnished armour.
I really have the armour.

My thoughts still churning at the end of the day, I decided to skip writing on my thesis. I headed for the local watering hole, where I could put it on tab. I lost count of how much I had to drink, but realized I was well past schnookered. I had entangled myself on this Journey of Fools, and there was no escape. I don't mean the whole Champion of Time crap either. No, as I sat there contemplating the changes that had occurred in my life, who should come walking in the door, but her. Yep. Her. Tampon Lady. So beautiful to my doubled vision, I just knew I had to speak to her. So I sloshed my way over and plopped down beside her on the stool. So much for not stalking her.

"Hey th...there, Beautifyul.' I slurred, as hopefully I gazed into her eyes, 'I'm a tr... tri-zsexual. I'll try an anyth...thing twice. Jushtto make shure I liked it..it in the fyirst placshe." As those words of wisdom crossed my benumbed lips, I proceeded to pass out. As my eyes closed, and my head slipped forward, I could swear that Leilani softly laughed at me. Strangely, I didn't feel the impact of my head against the bar, nor the sensation of my body sliding to the floor. I did however feel her leaning over me, and whispering.

"Bottomless, Eternal, Deeply Sublime,
When will you learn not to drink like a swine."

" What?!?"

"Destiny calls, Your Fate you must keep.
The Well does not tolerate drunken defeat.
Ageless, Fathomless, Don't you dare whine!"

" Hey ! "

"Bottomless, Eternal, Deeply Sublime."

I had just enough prescence of mind left to wish I had that trunk. Oh, how I wanted that trunk!
And to think, Oh shit! Not again!

2 comments:

Colliegirl February 20, 2010 at 11:10 PM  

Here I am! I made it!

The story sounds great! And Tyson's off to a really good start trying to impress that girl that he likes! Tampons? How did he ever make the mistake of picking those up??? My son won't go anywhere near that isle whenever we're in a store! This guy must have really been out of it - or in-and-out-of blippo land! Lol!

Something is definitely going on with him! He's being called again, isn't he? What a way to go... as a hero who's drunk! Dumb... dumb... dumb... You'd think a guy would learn... : P

chardonnay February 20, 2010 at 11:57 PM  

Yeah...that thought occurred to me. Repeatedly.

They never learn.



In my defense, I have known guys to be that zoned in on a girl....

In his defense...he's at the mercy of Evil Incarnate.

About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Melissa. And I am a Domestic Dictator. I rule my household with determination and sheer grit. And if you believe that, then I've got a bridge to sell you. Somewhere. And if you give me enough time, I'll figure out where. If I had to really describe myself, then I am at a loss for words. But I shall try. I would say I am a very creative person, with a sometimes big mouth, and a quick, and weird sense of humor. I like to write. I have written poetry, and stories. Some of these stories are based on the Sims2 Game.

About This Story...

The story that almost wasnt

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

CopyRights

Writing @ Melissa
Pictures @ Sandra

This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP